Sunday, January 31, 2016

 

 

The Outsiders

                  I was looking at Gone With the Wind when a piece of paper fell out. It read: Ponyboy, I asked the nurse to give you this book so you could finish it. The doctor came in a while ago but I knew anyway. I keep getting tireder and tireder. Listen, I don't mind dying now. It's worth it. It's worth saving those kids. Their lives are worth more than mine, they have more to live for. Some of their parents came by to thank me and I know it was worth it. Tell Dally it's worth it. I'm just going to miss you guys. I've been thinking about it, and that poem, that guy that wrote it, he meant you're gold when you're a kid, like green. When you're a kid everything's new, dawn. It's just when you get used to everything that it's day. Like the way you dig sunsets, Pony. That's gold. Keep that way, it's a good way to be. I want you to tell Dally to look at one. He'll probably think you're crazy, but ask for me. I don't think he's ever really seen a sunset. And don't be so bugged over being a greaser. You still have a lot o f time to make yourself be what you want. There's still lots of good in the world. Tell Dally. I don't think he knows. Your buddy, Johnny.
                 
                Tell Dally? It was too late... He was already dead. Johnny's dying wish would never be  fulfilled. Then I realized that my problems... our problems wasn't a personal things anymore. Socs and Greasers rivalry is so stupid... so immature! We are both human beings. Fighting will not change a thing, the only way to change is through love. There were probably hundreds of kids who live on the wrong side of society. Hundreds of kids who are divided by money. Our story had to be told. We had to speak out and tell our side. How else were others going to find out what some kids go through? People had to know that things were rough all around. People had to know that some kids grew up too fast! We grew up on the outside of society. We weren't looking for a fight. We were looking to belong... We all see the same sunset. We get a chance everyday to see the way light fades in to complete darkness, the sunset. Humanity should be our race and love should be our religion. So I decided to write a book... The Outsiders

No comments:

Post a Comment